It is recognized and valued that children bring their own perspectives and cultures and experiences to the classroom. At the Shri Ram Centennial School, we are highly sensitive to the nurturing of your child during the formative years when human character takes shape. Children explore themselves in relation to others in the world and as unique individuals. At Shri Ram Centennial School, they are encouraged to express interest, respect, sensitivity and responsibility while interacting with others. Which is why the imparting of learning is balanced with inculcating the right values in every child. It is our constant endeavour that every child in our care is endowed with the noble qualities of character that makes him or her in time, a responsible and responsive member of the community and a balanced human being.
Young children use their senses to explore, investigate and describe their environment and community. They begin to recognize similarities and difference in living things, objects and materials. At Shri Ram Centennial school, we have meticulously assembled the facilities that help nurture your child’s all round development. In this caring, conducive environment your child will happily respond to stimuli, and his or her creativity will unleash.
- Child Friendly Campus
- Discovery Centre
- Audio Visual Room
- Outdoor and indoor play areas
- High standard of hygiene and safety
- Child- friendly toilets
- CCTV surveillance in entire campus
- Messy Area
- Computer Room
- G.P.S. in buses
At Shri Ram Centennial School, we believe in education that extends beyond the walls of the classroom. Children are provided with opportunities to explore and express their ideas and feelings through visual arts, music, drama, dance and movements as they interact with a variety of material, participate in individual and group activities. In this process, your child is not just kept active but involved, which is sure to encourage faster development.
Special features include….
- Language development activities
- Puppet theatre and story telling
- 7 stimulating learning centers including: Math & Manipulative, Science & Sensorial, Reading & listening, Montessori, Dramatic Play, Construction & Design, and Creativity & Art.
- Individual Portfolios to chart your child’s progress.
- ‘Interest’ centers with learning based activities like: book and storytelling centre, creative arts centre, water and sand center, play station and games center, and puzzle and block center.
- Regular communication with parents
- Continuous professional development activities for teachers.
Shri Ram Centennial methodology believes that a play-centric model is key in a young child’s learning. Spontaneous play is a natural way of learning for young children; as it provides a wide range and real depth of learning in various development areas: physical, emotional, social, and intellectual.
We also emphasise on learning through spontaneous investigation (observation, experimentation, and inquiry). Children are natural scientists. They devote their endless amount of energy to learning all aspects of the culture they are born in, including language, stories, music, and literature; they investigate with all their senses and emerging skills what people mean, when things are appropriate and when they are not, where things come from, what they are for, how they are made, and how adults and peers respond to them. They try to make sense of common objects by prying into them, taking them apart, and manipulating them in a variety of ways. Appropriate curriculum and teaching methods at the Shri Ram Centennial School, includes activities and encouragement for kindergarteners in these quests and feature the importance of individual children’s feelings and emotions in group settings
The Shri Ram Centennial has a curriculum that involves a variety and balance of activities that can be provided in the context of project work. Children undertake projects in which they investigate a real event or object. In the course of such projects, the children strengthen literacy and numeracy skills and also speaking and listening skills and acquire new words as they share their findings with others.
The Curriculum Provides Activities That Include:
- Integrated topic studies, rather than whole-group instruction in isolated skills
- Opportunities for children to learn by observing and experimenting with real objects
- A balance of child- and teacher-initiated activities
- Opportunities for spontaneous play and teacher-facilitated activities
- Group projects in which cooperation can occur naturally
- A range of activities requiring the use of large and small muscles
- Exposure to good literature and music of the children’s own cultures and of other cultures represented in the class
- Authentic assessment of each child’s developmental progress
- Opportunities for children with diverse backgrounds and developmental levels to participate in whole-group activities
- Time for individuals or small groups of children to meet with the teacher for specific help in acquiring basic reading, writing, mathematical, and other skills as needed
- Use of drama, experiments, high tech Audio – Visual Teaching Aids and Modern Innovative Techniques.
- Field trips for wider real life exposure.
- Work sheets, Every concept taught to the children’s.
- Story telling/action songs/ & rhymes
- Multi disciplinary inputs include dance, music etc.
- Emphasis on developing essential social skills and manners.
- Colour days, fancy dress day, annual day, sports day and many more.
- Celebrating and bringing awareness of the important National festivals.
- Table Manners and toilet training.
We provide evaluations of your child’s development in the areas of speech and language, fine and gross motor, social-emotional, cognitive, and adaptive skills.. The child is assessed in all areas of development to determine strengths and weaknesses. A social history, psychological evaluation, speech and language evaluation, physical evaluation, an educational evaluation, and hearing screening are performed to assess your child’s development.